Friday, February 22, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

I hate the cold winters in New York. I always did. But there is something about snow that makes winters bearable. Snow always signifies a "time out." Everyone has to readjust their schedules, back off into a slower speed, and stop and smell the snow (roses). Deadlines are off. You can use the time to catch up or refect as you see the snowflakes fall before your very eyes.



Snow also reminds me of my childhood. We didn't have computers then. We didn't have to check our emails 100 times a day. We went out and played without feeling we were missing something.



We actually fantasized. More time for it. Sometimes we pretended to be race car drivers as we slid down hills, angels as we traced our bodies in the snow and attention getters by throwing sneaky snow balls.



Now if I am away from Google Reader, Twitter, my emails and voice mails for more than 10 seconds, I feel I missed something.



I long to be disconnected without the addiction known as "wired."



Got to go.......the snow is falling outside but the demands are mounting up inside

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a long way from Marine Park to the Urban Canyons, is it not?