Monday, August 10, 2009

Rethinking The 'Out Of Office Reply'

In the world of social marketing, one would think that an Out Of Office message posted on your email is just not what the digital world is all about.

Why don’t you simply say. “I hate my job so don’t bother me when I am away from the office” or “I cant be on holiday and take 20 minutes a day to scan important emails.”

I don’t know about you, but when I get an Out Of Office reply I immediately think that person is either tied up, in prison or in a coma.

I get a chuckle out of those who put an automatic Out Of Office response on their emails, but if you send them a message that invites them to a “wow party” or offers “a special gift” they know how to get back to you in an hour or two.

I know, I know there are exceptions so I will stand back while the avalanche of nasty emails come my way.

What about those that leave the Out Of Office reply on even when they are back for a few days?

A%#(@&& !!!!

No comments: